We like to do things a bit differently at Lab. We’re on an exciting mission to create a new human approach to digital, involving award-winning creativity, technology and strategy that shapes businesses for the better.
We want to be the most human-savvy digital agency in the world.
Interested in being part of our journey? We’re currently looking for a Scrum Master / Agile Coach to join our team.
If you love all things digital, have a passion for technology and are constantly scratching up your skills, then this could be the role for you.
What you’ll do:
Scrum Master for approx. 2 Scrum teams
- Onboarding of team members, ensuring that they understand the methodology within which they will be working
- Facilitation of internal estimation sessions along with other Scrum Masters within Lab to ensure that potential timelines can be communicated to our clients based on the velocity within the teams
- Facilitate sprint planning sessions such that work is committed to for the next sprint.
- Facilitate daily stand-ups with a view to understand all blockers
- Collaborate with other Scrum Masters and/or Digital Producers to remove blockers / obstacles or re-plan resources to prevent individuals from being benched
- Facilitate demos of work done at the end of a sprint to Digital Producers and other necessary stakeholders
- Facilitate retrospectives at the end of every sprint with the intention of enabling Digital Producers to own the outputs.
- Ensure that the team learns and evolves the process in order to improve
- Share findings with the rest of Lab such that we can all learn and evolve the overall process
- Ownership of sprint plans and resource allocation to achieve work committed
- Supporting Digital Producers with backlog grooming
- Supporting Digital Producers with approach to overall delivery. Consulted in the development of high level delivery plans (Gantt Charts)
To give you the maximum chance of success, you will be consulted and made aware of:
- New Clients as they get onboarded into Lab and the method of working
- Outcomes of internal decisions with respect to technical solutions proposed, approaches, plans to deliver.
- Outcomes from other teams retrospectives to ensure we share and embed learnings within teams
Agile Coach (Senior member of the team):
- Work with other scrum masters / team representatives, on systematic issues, with the intention to resolve recurring issues
- Communicate overall performance metrics e.g. velocity, upcoming commitments, etc.
- Coach / mentor other scrum masters in production team to ensuring consistency
- Foster better communication between Creative / User Experience Design and Development teams
- Protect the team from external dependencies, leaning on relevant members of the Lab team who are client facing to reduce the risk to teams working on deliverables which aren’t ready due to dependencies which are outside of Lab’s control
- Strengthen the presence of our team as an Agile centre of excellence. Actively contribute to the company’s Agile and Lean Community. Keep the rest of the company network aware of our activities.
Technical skills and experience:
As a guide, the ideal candidate would have 6-7 years’ experience with the following knowledge and skills:
- Exceptional knowledge of the software development life cycle
- Certified scrum master/scrum practitioner
- Knowledge and/or experience of Kanban
- Excellent communication skills in English in written and spoken form
- At least 3 years experience working in an agile environment, preferably in a variety of situations
- Proven track record of instilling and driving agile in a digital environment
You jump in with both feet. You’re courageous. You ask questions and communicate what you think.
For you, it’s not about resources, it’s about resourcefulness. You have the initiative, energy and drive to make things happen.
You have a client first mentality, but you’re also focused on looking out for your teammates and helping to make the agency a better place.
You’re obsessive about all aspects of design, fixated on the smaller details as well as the bigger picture of your work, and are ambitious and driven.
Follow this link to apply for the role.