I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget
how you made them feel. - Maya Angelou
What do we do?
We're an independent agency obsessed with human behaviour, creativity, technology and communication.
We have a secret sauce: we were the first agency to bring high-tech digital and a high-tech understanding of humans
together. This gives LAB the ability to create high performance digital solutions that are elegant, purposeful and
LAB has a consultative approach to almost everything we do. We like to build a deep understanding of our clients and
their challenges and use a variety of models and intellectual property to solve those problems.
Our mission is to use our understanding of human behaviour and digital, the modern day superpowers, to help brands
succeed. We use our influence to lead our clients, suppliers, partners and network to help create a digital future
in which everyone is free to do what they love.
You will be the first point of contact for helping our clients with a range of website support issues and requests,
ensuring that their needs are seen to by the required teams, and delivering excellent client service.
At Lab everyone has at least three things that they are accountable for. These are things that your colleagues count
on you to do:
- Work closely with LAB's clients, prioritise their needs accordingly, and keep all required stakeholders updated.
- Work closely with the Development teams and Digital Producers, co-ordinate multiple website needs and align
internal teams to aid delivery of requests.
- Keep track of existing support and maintenance allowances, and report on support usage both internally to
Digital Planners, and externally to clients.
Success looks like…
- Happy clients, above all else, who trust and rely upon working in partnership with you
- High velocity in delivering the various solutions required.
- Communication of prioritised deliverables and deadlines, and cleanly executing requests to those deadlines.
- Harmonious relationships with Clients, Development, Project Managers and Digital Planners.
A day in the life might look like…
- Managing and monitoring the Helpdesk, including our Ticket Management tool and inbound phone calls, for new
support tasks and updates for existing requests.
- Ensuring the correct priorities are booked in and that developers and QAs are clearly briefed with the correct
inputs in order to set them up for success.
- Tracking progress on existing requests, sending updates to internal teams & clients and removing any blockers.
You will be working in a technical environment, but need to be human. Our developers and team leads will support you
in the development of your skills but any of the following are desirable and knowing at least two will allow you to
hit the ground running:
- Experience with Content Management platforms including: Sitecore, Drupal, Wordpress and Umbraco.
- A basic understanding of hosting and working with partners.
- Understanding of bug tracking / ticketing systems such as JIRA
- Understanding the basics behind APIs and integrations would be a plus, but not essential at this stage
Your greatest achievements will be…
- Confidence from clients that their site is in capable hands with the Support Department.
- Confidence in understanding multiple digital platforms in order to better support them.
- Controlling scope and managing expectations to gain additional support & maintenance budget.
- Staying calm and controlled when under pressure from multiple sources.
- Balancing business priorities with client and resource availability.
- Taking absolute ownership of Support projects throughout delivery.
- Communicating clearly and effectively with stakeholders at all levels, and establishing relationships based on
confidence and genuine trust with your colleagues and with LAB's range of clients.
As with all of our roles, most important of all are enthusiasm, a growth mindset and a spirit of resourcefulness!
Follow this link to
apply for the role.