Go beyond merely communicating to ‘connecting’ with people. – Jerry Bruckner
What do we do?
We're an independent agency obsessed with human behaviour, creativity, technology and communication.
We have a secret sauce: we were the first agency to bring high-tech digital and a high-tech understanding of humans together. This gives LAB the ability to create high performance digital solutions that are elegant, purposeful and extremely effective.
LAB has a consultative approach to almost everything we do. We like to build a deep understanding of our clients and their challenges and use a variety of models and intellectual property to solve those problems.
Our mission is to use our understanding of human behaviour and digital, the modern day superpowers, to help brands succeed. We use our influence to lead our clients, suppliers, partners and network to help create a digital future in which everyone is free to do what they love.
You will be managing the Support team in helping our clients with a range of website support issues and requests, ensuring that their needs are met by the required teams, and delivering excellent client service.
At Lab everyone has at least three things that they are accountable for. These are things that your colleagues count on you to do:
- Work closely with LAB's Clients, prioritise their needs accordingly, and keep all required stakeholders clearly updated.
- Work closely with the Development team and Digital Producers, co-ordinate multiple delivery needs and align teams to aid delivery of requests.
- Keep track of existing support and maintenance allowances, and report on support usage both internally to Digital Planners and to Clients weekly, including flagging early if there is risk of exceeding.
- You will also be responsible for the direct line-management of at least one member of the Support Team, and helping to plan the growth and development of that team.
Success looks like...
- Happy clients and colleagues
- High velocity in delivering the solutions required.
- Clear and effective communication of prioritised deliverables and deadlines, and overseeing the execution of those deliverables to the agreed deadlines.
- Harmonious relationships with the other internal teams - especially Development, QA, Project Managers and Digital Planners.
- Identifying change requests coming through support, and expanding the understanding of the driver for the change to review potential for expanding ideas into defined client work.
A day in the life might look like...
- Oversight of the front-line support team in their day to day roles of monitoring Helpdesk/Ticket Management tool for new support tasks and providing updates for existing requests.
- Acting as the primary escalation point for the front-line support team, aiding them in troubleshooting and averting difficulty as needed
- Tracking progress on existing requests, sending updates to internal teams & clients and removing any blockers.
- Ensuring the correct priorities are booked in and closely monitored.
- Monitoring Client support and maintenance allowances, reporting and liaising with Clients and/or Digital planners if more budget is needed.
- Providing occasional cover on front-line support to ensure a consistency of presence
Your greatest achievements will be...
- Confidence from clients that their site is in capable hands with the Support Department.
- Excellence in understanding multiple digital platforms in order to better support them.
- Delegating effectively and with the development of your team as the front of your mind.
- Controlling scope, and managing expectations to gain additional support and maintenance budget.
- Staying calm and controlled when under pressure from multiple sources.
- Balancing business priorities with client and resource availability.
- Taking absolute ownership of Support projects throughout delivery.
- Ensuring the Support team members are growing in knowledge/skills, and are happy and pursuing personal development within in their day to day roles
You will be working in a technical environment and expect to be constantly up to date with the latest trends ranging from software, hardware, tools, information security and platforms:
- Experience with Content Management and E-commerce platforms such as Sitecore, Drupal, Wordpress and Umbraco.
- Understanding of bug tracking / ticketing systems.
Helpful but not essential
- Experience in networking infrastructure
- A basic understanding of APIs and integrations
- An understanding of the principles of Technical Project Management.
Most important of all are enthusiasm, a growth mindset and a spirit of resourcefulness!
Follow this link to apply for the role.