A Digital Future
The world is changing. Digital is a major cause and major catalyst. Digital solves big problems and creates big problems for humanity.
Digital has connected us together like never before. It's made our lives easier and safer. It's enabled us to achieve remarkable things. However, it will eventually take many of our jobs and with it, for many, our sense of purpose. Digital can be used to influence people in positive ways and manipulate them in negative ways. People will grow to love and grow to resent digital.
As experts in digital and human behaviour we are at centre of this change and feel a strong sense of responsibility to do something to influence our future in a positive way. We want to help create a digital future in which everyone is free to do what they love.
What do we value?
You're here because you have these values in your heart. Values drive your behaviour and our collective behaviour is our culture. Culture is the key to our success.
- Humanity: We value humanity above all else.
- Courage: “Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t - you’re right.” - Henry Ford
- Resourcefulness: Humans got to the moon with the computing power of a digital watch.
- Reciprocity: To be truly successful we give first and are open to receiving.
- Growth: Personal development, growing our clients and growth of the agency.
What do we do?
We're an independent agency obsessed with human behaviour, creativity, technology and communication.
We have a secret sauce: we were the first agency to bring high-tech digital and a high-tech understanding of humans together. This gives LAB the ability to create high performance digital solutions that are elegant, purposeful and extremely effective.
LAB has a consultative approach to almost everything we do. We like to build a deep understanding of our clients and their challenges and use a variety of models and intellectual property to solve those problems.
Our mission is to use our understanding of human behaviour and digital, the modern day superpowers, to help brands succeed. We use our influence to lead our clients, suppliers, partners and network to help create a digital future in which everyone is free to do what they love.
You can find out more about us on our website: https://lab.co.uk/.
At LAB everyone has at least three things that they are accountable for. These are things that your colleagues count on you to do. For your role, these are:
- Leadership, Management, Accountability
- Build the trust of the client through clear direction, honesty and integrity - where possible, build friendships with clients beyond the day-to-day work
- Driving LAB to be client centric
- Manage the agency’s various functions in order to provide clients with relevant, effective (to them) and profitable (neuro, creative, value-focused) services with a comprehensive, consistent and cohesive agency effort
- Lead the client's strategy and create clear account plans/roadmaps for each client
- Ensure commercial success of services delivered for clients and for LAB
- Hit targets for revenue booked each month and supporting new business
Definition of Success
- Genuine and lasting relationships with clients
- 10/10 RAR ratings for all client, and great general feedback
- Meeting or exceeding targets
- Very high retention levels of all clients with little surprises
- Understanding of our platforms and processes to consult with confidence
- Delivering value to clients via paid workshops
A Day in the Life
Thinking and planning your time effectively to create bandwidth (space and time) to get close to clients. Lunches, coffees, drinks, chats, meetings, workshops, calls, emails. The more time you spend with clients (ideally face to face) the better you are doing your job.
No two days are the same and though DPD’s will generally speak to two/three clients a day when not in meetings/workshops, general activities will vary but will include the following:
- Living and breathing the Red Thread
- Future planning and strategy work for clients
- Understanding their greatest challenges
- Adding research, industry and external insight to clients
- Understanding changes within the client and mapping their org chart
- Recommending improvements or innovation
- Taking, understanding and responding to briefs on further work
- Challenging briefs to get the best outcome for the client
- Involvement with sales pitches
- Account meetings
- Project meetings
- Project workshops
- Consultancy Workshops
- Keeping contact reports up to date
Your Greatest Achievements
- Solving major issues simply because of the great relationship you have created with the client
- Complete the digital transformation of a £1m+ client from contender to market leader.
- Lead the strategy and help the client with implementation and adoption of new technology/services.
- To ensure that LAB gives great service at every client touch point
- Ensuring there are no client complaints
Reporting and Key Relationships
- Report to Head of Digital Planning
- Manage and ensure client scores hit Level 10 targets
- Working with assigned team members to nurture and grow their skills and client relationships
- Working with PMs on daily projects & jobs
- Supporting new and existing business pitches
- Working with Marketing Manager on marketing activities for LAB
Follow this link to apply for the role.