Ready Player Too? A Round Up
Last Friday, Lab hosted Ready Player Too? - a future-focused event centered around neuromarketing. Hosted by Daryll Scott, Director of Human Technology, and Justin Thorne, Head of Performance Marketing, the discussion covered a wide array of subjects related to better engaging our customers in today’s day and age. Incorporating neuromarketing principles as well as AI concepts, the event provided an insight into both theory and practice, enriching the attendees’ knowledge of how marketing will evolve over the next few years.
- Neuromarketing measures the implicit, subliminal, immediate and emotional reactions that we have to media, and aims to understand how those actions impact our decision-making and perceptions.
- Neuromarketing consists of three principal elements: biometrics (tracking physical responses), neurometrics (brain imaging) and psychometrics (understanding perception). Each plays a crucial role in understanding what customers respond well to and the results can be used to create a better experience for them.
- Marketing will evolve from categorising customers based on demographics, to paying closer attention to their online behaviour instead. Targeting based on their personality type and what drives their decision-making processes creates an intelligent and effective way of approaching customers.
- When it comes to decision-making, we assume that we are more in control of our responses than we actually are. The steady state fallacy expresses this very principle, suggesting that we are not consistent barometers - we cannot be objective and consistent because we are constantly changing.
- Not only is our thinking already corrupted by our emotional state, but we also only think about a portion of the decisions that we make. Nothing happens without emotion and all decisions are, to some extent, emotional.
- Stimulus leads to response, which ultimately leads to reasoning; neuromarketing is all about understanding what we are provoking as a response.
- Neuromarketing tech is very clever, but it is important to master it and understand how it actually affects the conversions of our campaigns and how to effectively deploy the principles into search and social.
Our Next Event
We look forward to meeting other professionals who share our passion for creating a better experience. If you are interested in joining us at one of our next events, sign up to our waiting list by contacting email@example.com or call us on 0207 183 6668.
- Our event, Ready Player Too, has just concluded - here are the top takeaways!